Lee R J Middlehurst Resume
Address: 5 Holmfield Drive, Golcar, Huddersfield, HD7 4AY
Tel: +44 7810 866197
Skype account: lee.rj.middlehurst
Personal website: http://www.lifecyclemedia.co.uk/
Twitter account: https://twitter.com/lifecyclemedia
LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-lee-r-j-middlehurst-b2496714/
Lee R J Middlehurst provides constructive impacts from his creation, management and hosting of his international qualitative and quantitative undertakings within primary/secondary marketing research and training, which include anti-hate crime events. His management talents include ethical inspiring, educating, negotiating, and mentoring.
Lee’s aptitudes include extensive interpersonal skills with thorough familiarity in varied interviewing styles and survey designing. His abilities were enhanced in personnel management, quality control/assurance, and sales/marketing.
Lee’s research skills were enhanced within innovative doctoral studies (gender issues and hate crimes in Manchester, UK) and incorporate in-depth knowledge about diversity, equality, and inclusion issues. His awareness comprises significant papers such as the Equality Duty 2010; inquiries by the 'Equality and Human Rights Commission'; the Yogyakarta Principles; and other legal provisos affecting businesses in the UK and Europe.
Lee’s expertise within computer programs include designing self-checking QC Access based program; SPSS; ‘Adobe Photoshop’/‘Jasc Paint-Shop Pro’; and ‘AVID’ film editing with similar programs.
- Lee created pioneering online questionnaires producing 390,227 international data inputs, using SPSS techniques. These concern health support within gender issues; sexuality; family matters; medical interactions; social/work issues; plus commercial with online interactions. Assessed/approved by UK Government representatives. Extracts were internationally published, expanding support and understanding for gender identities.
- He created, managed, and hosted the anti-hate crime Community Cohesion all-day event in Manchester’s Central Library - part of managing the tour of iconic anti-hate crime ERi art piece in Greater Manchester. Interactions with police officers, university staff/students, and representatives of voluntary/commercial organisations.
- Lee trained junior researchers around present-day ethical techniques in online and face2face qualitative analyses. This included investigative strategies and productive interactions with interviewees.
- Legal groups in Vancouver, Canada, invited Lee to present research findings on gender issues. Assisted gender studies in universities in Canada and the UK.
- He has had factual and fictional television and radio productions - as a researcher, performer, writer, director, and producer. He also starred in TV documentaries. Lee directed live music performances for Channel M.
- Lee made and displayed inventive art works at 14 exhibitions. His art pieces comprise waste CDs/DVDs highlighting environmentalism. Lee was complimented by inspired children/adults.
Social Media Leader; Creative + Factual writing teacher – Voices For All Charity (Jun. 2017 - present)
- Promoting mental health and social care groups managed by Voices For All.
- Teaching creative writing techniques.
- Teaching factual writing skills (e.g. job applications; various application forms).
- Assisting energy awareness.
Committee Member; Presenter; Negotiator – TransForum Manchester (Jun. 2014 – present)
- Co-hosting meetings providing support and advice for transgender people.
- Co-hosting PowerPoint presentations providing Diversity information for universities, council bodies, charity groups, and police organisations.
- Liaising and co-working with organisers enabling support action for LGBT identities.
- Presenting PowerPoint presentations concerning aspects of LGBT identities.
- Instigating campaigns and support actions for anti-hate crime/incidents.
- Wrote the Deprivations novel. (Jun. 2001 - Sept. 2003)
- Wrote The Devil’s Ring novel. (Jul. 2007 - Aug. 2008)
- Wrote The Devil’s Sister novel [self-published] (Mar. 2016 – Mar.2017)
- Edited/rewrote Deprivations as Deprivations: The Psychopath and the Child.
- Imaginary Friends and Psychos (on-going) (Mar. 2017 – present)
- psychiatric assessments.
Event Manager; Researcher; Trainer; Equality and Diversity Consultant (Feb. 2012 – present)
- Researched for and trained social, medical, university, and police organisations.
- Trained/managed groups in research techniques including interviewing and report compositions.
- Trained Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion. Plus training in conscious and unconscious bias.
Public Engagement Ambassador - Manchester Metropolitan University (23 Jun. 2011 – 11 Jun. 2014)
- Enhanced academic and general public interactions.
- Promoted awareness of outcomes/impacts. Supported ‘participatory action research’ within actively, ethically, and legally supporting communities.
Guest lecturer - University of Salford (Mar. 2008 - Aug. 2008)
- Within teamwork in ‘Gender and Sexuality’ module (in School of Media, Music & Performance), educated and supported undergraduates of varied gender, class, and race identities. Marked and graded assignments.
Industrial Chemist/Quality Control Manager - Thor Chemicals (UK) Ltd, Cheadle Hulme
(Feb. 1992 – Feb. 1997)
- Developed and tested industrial chemicals.
- Trained works and sales staff.
- Designed and administered self-checking QC computer program.
- Trained staff regarding quality assurance as part of duties as Quality Auditor.
Personnel Officer, - I.I.&E. Ltd (Jun. 1991 – Sept. 1991)
- Managed personnel staff team within a large clothing distribution organisation.
- Trained staff.
- Attended disciplinary procedures.
- Attended production management issues.
Qualifications and Experiences:
PhD (Sociology and Criminology) – Manchester Metropolitan University (Sept. 2008 – 11 Jun. 2014)
[University of Leeds] (Oct. 2005 - Jul. 2007)
- Applications of primary/secondary marketing research techniques.
- Innovative applications of ‘participatory action research’ with social groups, which encompassed inquiries into hate crimes in Manchester alongside campaigns against discrimination.
- Investigated and opposed victimisation at home and work.
- Gave university presentations in UK and Canada, using multiple media to engage audiences.
- Designed and administered online quantitative research [02 Jan. 2007 – 12 Dec. 2010], investigating gender, age, family, sexuality, medical, social and work acceptance. This was internationally published.
MA Gender Studies - University of Leeds (Sept. 2003 - Nov. 2005)
- Researched gender issues.
- Analysed philosophical, psychological, and feminist theories.
- Studied/produced visual media and texts to inform and motivate students/staff.
- Gave PowerPoint presentations for seven university conferences concerning gender divergences, psychological theories, and research techniques.
BA (Television & Radio) - Salford University (Sept. 1998 - Jul. 2001)
- Scriptwriter, film director/producer, and co-editor. One of these films (The Devil’s Ring) was regularly shown on Channel M.
- Researched radio production.
- Analysed visual media.
- Researched psychological impact of male/music magazine covers using designed questionnaires.
- Directed live music for Channel M, which included motivating and inspiring camera staff.
BTEC Performing Arts – Hopwood Hall College (Sept. 1997 – Jul. 1998)
- Acted in several theatre projects entertaining children and adults.
Institute of Personnel Management Diploma - Doncaster College (Jan. - Nov. 1991)
- Learned training guidelines and interviewing techniques.
- Trained in statistical analysis.
BSc Chemistry (with Industrial Economics) - University of York (Oct. 1987 - Jul. 1990)
- Trained in organic and inorganic chemistry plus environmental and biological issues.
- Proposed and undertook analysis of metal pollutants in River Irwell.
- Studied chemical actions of AIDS virus as part of diversity awareness.
Art Exhibitions: (4 Apr. 2009 - 31 Jul. 2014)
- Art pieces created from 2007. They have been exhibited at 14 solo and joint exhibitions. The art works highlight environmental issues, using fragments of waste CDs and DVDs to create multi-coloured images.
- Negotiated with individuals together with marketing art works and assisting other artists.
- Received ~200 complimentary written comments from people aged 7 to 78.
- Video interview with Vince Hunt from ‘Tin Can’ Internet Television Channel –
- Live TV Interview with presenter Jude Vause-Walsh on ‘Channel M’ –
- Live radio interview with Becky Want on ‘Radio Manchester ‘ (10th Sept. 2009).